Thursday, March 19, 2020

Welcome to Kindergarten!

Welcome to our classroom page! I'm so excited for a new year to begin teaching and learning with your child.  This blog is intended to be a fun way to check in with what is happening in class, view pictures, and plan for upcoming events.  I also want it to be a way to connect you all with each other!



I've been married to my incredible husband Chris for 13 years and have 3 beautiful daughters. I have taught kindergarten for three years and Kindergarten to me is just one word! Magic! A room full of 5 and 6 year olds who are all excited about learning, loving and growing is my happy place.  This year your child will learn what it means to become part of a community, how to take care of one another and learn they CAN DO IT! Our classroom is a place for children to feel like they can grow confident, take risks and build resilience when it comes to their learning.

I believe in the power of play and choice, and though I have very high expectations of my students, I also understand developmentally appropriate practice and really knowing each child. When planning my day with your kids I put in a lot of thought about the purpose of my lessons, the objectives, expectations and always finding joy in learning and childhood.

I look forward to creating a home away from home for your child and can't wait to connect with you all soon.
 
Laura Kanyer
laurakanyer@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog! We are the best day care centre in Baltana Zirakpur. Our playway school has expert and professional teachers to motivate the kids. Our teachers encourage kids to participate in various activities such as drawing, swimming, bhangra, dancing, singing, etc.

    ReplyDelete